Please read the following information about our referral procedures carefully.
- You must be on the out-of-work list and log-in to bid job calls from this site. Use the Login button on the upper right of this page.
- This is not a call-in bid system! No phone bids will be taken or applied.
- There is an email feature to recover your password 24 hours a day. We can also assist you with your login information during office hours.
Signing The Book
- All initial sign-ins for the out-of-work list must be made in person during normal business hours (8:00am - 4:30pm) at the local office. Our address is PO Box 2288, Sioux Falls, SD 57101.
- All applicants will sign in on the computer kiosk in the local Union office lobby and then speak with a representative at the window to show necessary credentials and complete the registration.
- Applicants will be placed in the highest group/book for which they qualify.
- If you were previously employed by a signatory contractor in jurisdiction, you must have a separation notice to register on the out-of-work list.
- All applicants will need to log-in to use the online bid system. If you need help getting logged-in, the office staff will be able to assist you.
- It is your responsibility to maintain your log-in information.
- ONLY ONE (1) username/password per person. If you can't log-in, DO NOT create another account. Contact the office for assistance at 605-336-0370.
Bidding & Taking Jobs
- Job calls for the next business day are posted at 04:30 pm on the IBEW 426 Job Calls Website, and the IBEW 426 Mobile App.
- Applicants who are registered on the out-of-work list may log in and bid for jobs that they qualify for. If multiple jobs are bid, the applicant must select a priority order. Make sure you CONFIRM each bid.
- Applicants may view and/or amend their bid at any time up to the 8:25 AM job call cutoff. (for all calls)
- The job call system will run at 01:24 pm on the day of the call. (01:00 pm for short calls)
- All applicants who placed a bid can be notified of their status via email, text message and/or push notifications. Keep in mind, the OFFICIAL notification of your job call status is found in the MY ACCOUNT section of the Job Call System. Anyone awarded a short call must call the hall for further instructions.
- A BID IS A BINDING COMMITTMENT TO TAKE THE CALL. DO NOT BID THE JOB IF YOU CANNOT COMPLETE THE REFERRAL AND TAKE THE CALL.
- Any applicant who is selected for employment and does not complete the referral process will be removed from the out-of-work list and must register again, in person, to be added back on the out-of-work list.
- All applicants selected for employment must return to the Hall the following business day between 8:00-9:30 am to receive their referral with ALL REQUIRED CREDENTIALS IN HAND. IBEW 426 DOES NOT keep your credentials on file.
- If you are on a short call, you are still required to re-sign.
- Each applicant on the out-of-work list for any group/book must resign monthly to maintain their position. No matter what your original sign in date, resigns must be received in the local Union office between the 10th and 16th of each month. (midnight to midnight)
- Resigns may be submitted in person at the Hall, by regular mail, fax, email, IBEW 426 Website, or the IBEW 426 Mobile App
- Failure to resign during the monthly resign period will result in being removed from the out-of-work list and you will need to re-register, in person, to be added back on the out-of-work list
- In the event that an employee is referred and then laid-off because of a Reduction of Force (ROF) within 40 hours or less of work, that person will regain their position on the out-of-work list. If the worker quits or is fired for cause, they will lose their position and must re-register to be added back on the out-of-work list